HOTEL MARMATIA - HISTORY
Marmatia Hotel was built around 1941 - 1942. During the Second World War it functioned as a hotel, accommodating German and Hungarian soldiers. After 1944 it became a children’s hospital, and in 1978 it was reopened as Marmatia Hotel.
Today, Marmatia Hotel is a brand for our town, being the newest luxury hotel for pleasure and business tourism in the Maramures Country.
Even if it was completely refurbished, Marmatia Hotel keeps the original architecture with Austrian influences using wood, stone, decorative sunshades, balconies and other elements specific to the style.
Situated in the Gradina Morii Park or Mill Garden Park (Eminescu street no. 97) at the bottom of Solovan Hill, the Hotel has a special position, surrounded by beautiful scenery with view over the Iza River or over the park and the town.
Inside of the Gradina Morii Park there is a recreation area which includes:
• children’s playground
• alleys with benches
• natural swimming zone on the Iza river bank
• special areas for fishing
• an open air stage for organizing different activities (concerts, festivals, etc)
• sports ground etc.
The old architecture, the modern European facilities, the special background and the staff’s professionalism are some of the reasons why our hotel’s guests are delighted to visit Marmatia again.